Thursday, October 6, 2011

Europe Trip, United Kingdom.


I got this golden opportunity to join a business trip last week to Europe which include United Kingdom, Sweden and Norway for 7 days. For UK, I went to Birmingham on the first day and to London on the last 2 days. In between the trip was my days at Stockholm, Sweden and Oslo, Norway.

UK is always on the list of countries which I really loved to go. This is the country where my parents met and got married. So I have been listening to their stories since I was little about their life there. In fact, my aunt is currently living here too, in Wales with the rest of her family.

UK is really an old school country. A superb awesome old school country. London is like a heritage metropolitan. They cherish each of their old buildings which most have been renovated inside, but still, the original structure is kept fine. And I managed to get to the icons of the city like Big Ben, Tower of London, Westminster Abbey, National Museum and of course, the Buckingham Palace. Someone also told me that London has the oldest subway train system, yet it stills remain as one the best in the world, and that is totally true. Even without a silent and super fast train, I can go to each places easily without any assistance. The system is super friendly. 

Yerp, for a Malaysian, maybe travelling to London might be expensive, but you will think twice when you spent in Norway or Sweden. I'll get back to it at the next post about it. My mom kept on reminding me not to convert the Pounds to Ringgit whenever I'm buying something over there. And after a week, I think that the price here is quite reasonable.

To find Halal food also is never a problem. You can find a lot of Muslim foreigners doing business here and a couple of Malaysians restaurant. In fact, you can easily do your prayer as many multifaith prayer room can be found around.


I took a train to Birmingham. It's about one hour plus trip.
The train go through some country area and it is simply amazing, but it's ashamed that I didn't spend much time here as I rush back to London after 4 hours to catch a plane to Stockholm. 

For the weather, it's kinda feel like Malaysia though as London is currently having her Indian Summer in middle of Fall, it was 30degree, and it is good. The sky is blue and I was sweating under my shirt.

It was simply awesome.

0 comments:

Post a Comment