Saturday, October 12, 2013

Understanding Malaysians.


Obviously, many people in the world are already aware that we Malaysians are multiracial society, and we have accepted different cultures, beliefs and celebrations in our daily surroundings. But my question is now, yes we have accepted the differences, but do we really understand them?

Last week, my friends and I organized an event which involved many of us, and as always, Malays, Chinese and Indians were there of course. So while the ongoing program was moving on, we served breakfast, which we packed some local 'kuih' which on of them was Karipap. We never knew what was inside the karipap, until an Indian friend of mine said there was meat. She said that some Hindus are vegetarians on Fridays, and she had accidentally ate the meat, and she really felt so bad about it.

Oh man... I felt as bad as she was for not being considerate, a totally ignorance. I never knew there was time when Hindus and Buddhists are vegetarians, which I asked, Fridays for Hindus and during the early and middle of Lunar months for the Buddhists (correct me if I am wrong). I, as a Muslim myself would like my other Malaysians friends to know when we do we perform our fasting, what could be eaten and what not, or everything which involve them. 

So guys, let us be more considerate. We should not only ask people to understand us, we should understand them as well. After all we are all Malaysians.

0 comments:

Post a Comment