Monday, October 22, 2012

Happiness and Celebration. It's KFC.


Other than cakes, Kentucky Friend Chicken, of what we call KFC is synonym to celebration and happiness.  At least to me, it is.

It all started way back when I was studying in the university with the Pakciks. 
As I said previously, again and again, Pakciks are the people who are responsible in teaching me the moderation of life. So KFC was all a big fancy feast for us. We went there twice, the most for every semester I guess. It was during my birthday and Para's. We used to call it the annual gathering, as we do it for 3 years straight. We were students, so we don't have a lot of money. But that taught me of what is important, it's not the food, nor the place. But it's the people you are with. The togetherness.

Today, we could go to fancier restaurants, but KFC is still a place that will have a special place in my heart. I would go to any KFC whenever I got good news from people whom I loved.

When a Pakciks called me and told me he got  a job at a very well known company, I went to KFC and eat, even when I was alone. It was a celebration of good news. 
When my sister decided to get married, I went to KFC.
When I got a better job, I went to KFC.
When I moved to a new home, I went to KFC.
When I got good result, yerp, where else other than KFC.

So whenever I decided to go to KFC, that does not mean I was trying to save or anything. 
It's just that I am happy and there is something to celebrate :)
Ok. Now you can call me a weirdo.

p.s. Congratulations to Pakciks Amin! He got married last Friday to Julia :))

0 comments:

Post a Comment