Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Mrs. Bala.



I was waiting for my number to pop at the counter while waiting at the train station today, when an old punjabi lady sat next to me. Punjabi lady with their tradition attire always look good and elegantly polite to me.

She reminded me of my English teacher back when I was in secondary school, Mrs Bala. She was already a pensioner then, but my friends and I went to her tuition class right after school. There was never in my mind that I would take English as one of my extra study, but I did.

A year after that, she was not feeling that well and at first, she cancelled the class. But I guess she missed teaching so much, and I also believed that she really cared for us, she decided to get the class running, at her home. She got us tables and chairs, and also a small white board for her to teach us. The was even one time when we were having exams and gave us extra homework to do as our practice, but she marked  them a little bit late, so she drove to our school just to make sure we get those checked homework for our revision. 

Then, there's time when I came to her class, cycling in the rain, so I got little bit wet by the time I arrived. She gave me a pair of dry clothe for me to change, but I was a bit reluctant when she forced me so hard that I finally wore it. It became a joke to my friends back then. 

Mrs. Bala was a very passionate teacher. She even acted like our mother most of the time, and often, we got her mad and angry as for our childish behavior. Sheridan was her favorite. He was scolded almost everyday, and Mrs Bala even rang his mom to report how naughty he had been. Haha.

Back then, we always thought that there is something wrong with this old lady on how she acted. But today, I realize all the things that she did for us was because she truly cared.
She was definitely a great teacher. I would send my kids to her if I ever got the chance.

I heard that she had already moved to India after her husband past away.
Anyhow, I just want to wish her good health, and a happy life.
And thank you for everything you have taught me.

1 comments:

Yee Han said...

Thanks for posting this and reminding me of her. Mrs Bala was really a wonderful teacher and passionate in teaching. I really wish her well and happy.

Post a Comment