Tuesday, December 7, 2010

The Best Service.



It has been a while since my last post huh? Quite busy with work and I've been outstationed for some time.
I was in Singapore the past 2 weeks for a task, and during my visit there I past by a competition on waiting service joined by some elite hotels and restaurants which have their waiter or waitress representatives.
It made me realize that waiter is actually a professional job. Well, ok, I do realize it way before that, but this time, it really knocked my head, saying that being a waiter is not that as easy as it seems. They have protocols and serving hospitality services to the customers. It's just that I didn't have the chance to have that kind of service quite often.
You'll never experience it if you eat McD or mamak stalls the whole time, but I think this kind of attitude of providing the best service not only covers well-known hotels or restaurants, but also everywhere. It is difficult to see someone greet you at 7 eleven, with a "Good day sir" or "Please come again", even a smile seems like an expensive treat.
As currently Datuk Ng Yen Yen is doing a great job in promoting Malaysia outside, then I think it is better for us to be prepared to give the best service to our guests. If you are not able to provide a protocol training to your worker, ask them to greet and smile would be enough :-) We are Malaysians after all, a friendly community...

0 comments:

Post a Comment