Thursday, November 4, 2010

Good Enough?


I was waiting for my colleague outside a bank yesterday, and while waiting I was busy with my phone when I realize something was moving at my feet. It was an old woman. And again, I was terribly shock and gave her a little scream before realizing she was just a beggar. How emberassing it was when everyone around was chuckling on that dramatic event. Huh.
So, when a beggar comes to you, what do you do? You give him or her money, or simply ignore them? It depends right? I used to think, I would just give anyway without any deep thought, because it is for good purpose, and the intention of helping someone is good. If the beggar was lying, about his or her identity and make a lot of fortune by begging, then it is between him/her and God.

But then, someone approached me the other day, and tell me, that the money even 1 Ringgit can mean a lot to someone who really deserve it. So, is it only about the good intention, or more to helping change someone's life? Wait, I don't know how to put these in words. What I really meant is, I think we need to know where the money we give goes to, rather than just simply give just because he 'looks' old or ill. It doesn't have to be you, giving straight the money, but there's a lot of channel for you to do so, don't you think so...?

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

heeee. hey jaff!

yeah sometimes i think the same too. i have doubts towards those who asked for derma surau/sekolah as it could be some sort of a scam. how can you be sure right?

but think of it like this. if you're intention is good and to give sadaqah (even if its RM1), Allah will repay you no matter where did the beggars/peminta derma channel your money too.

just my 2 cents :)

Jaffrey said...

hi nisah, ingat sapa tadi...

yerp, i agreed, but don't you think that the RM1 means more to some other people rather than taking risk and give it to someone whom you are not sure with?

nananane said...

but don't u think, being able to make someone's day means a lot more than worrying whether that someone really need/deserve that RM1?

Jaffrey said...

yerp, i used to think in that sense. but not after realizing some of them were lying, and we are supporting them even more. oh~ i'm weird.

Jaffrey said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jaffrey said...

yerp, i used to think in that sense. but not after realizing some of them were lying, and we are supporting them even more. oh~ i'm weird.

Post a Comment