Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Opocot Mak Kau Tergolek!!!

Let me introduce to you, this is Li Syaoran. Ok ok... Li Syaoran is too cool to say "opocot mak kau tergolek".
There is one phenomenon among the Malays (not PHD ye), that is called 'melatah'. When they were startled by something that comes without their knowing, they will tend to say something ridiculous which is out of their control. I would say that "Opocot mak kau tergolek" is one of the most polite way to 'melatah', rather than those with bad words or curse. Oh oh! And even worse, those who has the extra actions going on right after that, eg, bersilat. It's hillarious! But dangerous at the same time...
Scientifically, I don't know why this 'melatah' thing happens, and does it weird to know that 'melatah' only happens to the Malays?
Yesterday, I was on my way to the washroom where I found 2 female cleaners inside, and they started to 'melatah' when they found me there, with loud noise. I was terribly shocked as I thought I was in the wrong washroom. 5 minutes past, yet the 2 cleaners were still 'melatah'. Funny, but kesian pon ada... melatah sampai ke sudah...
Sorry kak~!

2 comments:

carmelita said...

Psychologically, melatah i a learned behaviour. If it is conditioned it becomes a habit... but dont worry.. everything that is learned can be unlearned.. good luck makcik tandas!

Jaffrey said...

ooowh, ingat ada dalam genetic. there you go peeps, ade counselor bagi comment.
mungkin perlu buat kursus berhenti melatah untuk mereka2 yang berkenaan.

Post a Comment