Sunday, December 11, 2011

My Awesome People.

I've just realized that I never did describe my awesome Geng Pakciks in any of my posts.

Well, we are a group of gang with 11 people. Actually how we called ourselves 'Geng Pakciks' remain mystery till today as it started during our 3rd year when everyone of us starts to call each other 'Pakcik'.  We got to know each other in 2004 when we were studying in the same school of our beloved University. 

Ierwan was my roommate. Nine was Ierwan's former lecture mate during matriculation, so Ierwan introduced me to him on the first day, and we became close. Then I got to know Nizam, my groupmate in Bahasa Malaysia class, and Haidi was his roommate, and I got to know him as well after that. Then Para and I became close when we started to plan for barbeque for our batch months after that. Para introduced me to Peje, and we studied Electronic Devices together on the next sem (which I ended up having that subject with the worst grade, but this not to blame you, Peje :p ). Amin was Peje's closest friend as they were roommates during matriculation. Nazul was joining the group later as he was in the PALAPES, which he turns out to be like a brother to me till today. Kechik was staying at the other college, but still, he hang out with us, doing assignments together, and as he was a PALAPES as well, he was transferred to our place the next semester. Amir was the latest to join, as he got close with Ierwan the next year, and we manage to get him on board. And there it goes, how 11 of us met.

Being this important to me, the 11 of us hang out together on my birthday and during our 3rd year, I started to call this event as 'Annual Grand Meeting of Geng Pakciks'. And I believe that was the birth of this Gang. We went for trips, to Perlis, to Perak, Penang, Malacca and many other places. We hang out most of the time, at dinner time, games, lectures, classes, doing assignments.

Being with these people, brings out the best out of me. They gave me confidence and joy. I feel secured and safe. Everything is 'literally' shared and I don't really mind spending more and I know they feel the same way too. With simple words, we are being ourselves when we were together. Full stop. That makes us, us.

After 7 years, 4 got married, the others will... hehe, but still, we remain close.
We sees and e-mails each other always. Even now we have our own fund for future trips and also a trust fund for presents and gifts, representing us. Being in the group kept us close. Geng Pakciks make us feel obligated that we are a group of brotherhood.

...And I am genuinely proud and thankful to be part of them, Geng Pakciks.

2 comments:

burberry said...

takde button like. tolong letak!

Jaffrey said...

Like. nah ambeh. hehe :)

Post a Comment